HiTech Transport – where is IT going?
Date: 22 February 2012
Location: BCS, 5 Southampton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2E 7HA
Look at IT and technology behind the advances in transport systems.
- Computers have advanced the work place. Not to be out done, transport has seen these advances as well. Where would we be if we didn’t have our traffic gadgets in the car or the passenger announcements on the buses and trains?
- This event looked at how these advances have made our lives easier and has the technology taken over?
- Has it become more efficient and green?
- Where and What next? Are the traffic systems coming in taking away our freedom, due to them monitoring the vehicle speed and location.
- What happens when the technology fails? Back to the paper map and quieter journeys?
Our expert presenters were:
DR. RAJESH KRISHNAN – Centre for Transport Studies, Imperial College
NICK ILLSLEY – Chief Executive, Transport Direct, Department for Transport
DR. JOHN HAMMERSLEY – Bid Manager, Ultra Global PRT